Oti Mabuse is set to make her return to Strictly Come Dancing as the series kicks off next month - but not as a judge or dancer.
The dancer, who lifted the glitterball twice while serving as a pro will be returning once again as a choreographer, three years after leaving and becoming a judge on the now axed, Dancing On Ice.
Oti was a professional dancer on the show from 2015 to 2021, and was crowed winner two years in a row, taking home the crown with Kelvin Fletcher in 2019 and Bill Bailey in 2020. Two years after her last victory, Oti made the decision to step away from the show.
READ MORE: I’m A Celebrity star Lord Charles Brocket charged with rape and sexual assault
READ MORE: Coldplay forced to halt Wembley show twice as security rush into crowd
It's not the first time she'll be back - as Oti has previously returned to choreograph since leaving in 2022 - and they're hopeful she will return with her expertise once again.
“Oti has always held a special place in her heart for Strictly," a source told the Sun. “She loves nothing more than watching her choreography come to life on the dance floor.
“It truly is a family show for Oti - with her sister Motsi Mabuse on the judging panel. Oti loved her time on Dancing On Ice but this will give her more time to get stuck back into Strictly."
The source then went on to say that Strictly bosses were "delighted" that Oti was back and couldn't wait to hear her ideas.
Oti's sister Motsi joined the show as a judge in 2019, taking over from Dame Darcy Bussell. The pair worked together on the show for three years until Oti's departure in 2022.

As well as landing a role as a judge on ITV's Dancing On Ice, Oti also shared her expertise on the panel of The Masked Singer spin off, The Masked Dancer, from 2021 - 2022. She also went on to star in I’m A Celebrity, and gave birth to her first daughter with Marius Iepure in 2023.
The star's return comes just one year after she said "never say never" to a return to the hit BBC show. "“I think right now, with a daughter and everything I’m doing, I’m quite busy, and I’m happy with what I’m doing at the minute. But never say never. The doors are always open, which is really, really nice," she told Prima Magazine.
Oti hasn't yet publicly addressed her return to the show, but rehearsals are well and truly underway for the 23rd series of the show. Celebrities including Vicky Pattison, EastEnders' Balvinder Sopal and Love Island star Dani Dyer have been seen rehearsing for the show, which kicks off on 20th September.
The first show will see Strictly's usual pre-recorded show, with the group dance and partner reveal, with the live shows kicking off on September 27.
Like this story? For more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Threads.
You may also like
Charles Leclerc crash compounds Ferrari F1 nightmare at Dutch Grand Prix
India's economic performance proven Rahul Gandhi's "negative thinking" wrong: Union Minister Piyush Goyal
Adani Defence and Aerospace set to ramp up bullet manufacturing drastically
PM Modi meets Armenian PM on sidelines of SCO Summit
Sky Sports commentator accused of 'disrespecting' Diogo Jota during Brighton vs Man City